DATE – Saturday, November 26
11.30am – 2pm
Collaroy Plateau Community Centre, Blandford Street (enter via Telopea Street)
Learn skills to help you through birth and beyond. This workshop will focus on ways you can create the best environment and mindset for birthing your baby.
$125 per couple*, with light refreshments provided.
- BEST VALUE birthing workshop on the Beaches!
Katie has been running this workshop for the past 15 years – helping hundreds of parents-to-be have their best possible birth.
We will cover:
* Breathing techniques, labour massage strokes, relaxations, affirmations and visualisations for mindful and positive labour
* How to support someone during birth
* Natural ways to deal with pain
* Understanding the birth process
* Childbirth manuals, bottles of massage oil and labour cards available for a small price on the day.
PRIVATE WORKSHOP: Natural Childbirth for Couples
A nurturing two-hour private lesson with yoga techniques, massage and advice to help you prepare for childbirth, connect with your baby and celebrate your pregnancy. This workshop has been run by Katie Brown for eleven years, helping hundreds of prospective mums (and dads) birth their babies. Individual, personalised attention in a boutique studio overlooking bushland.
The workshop includes:
- relaxation techniques and visualisations for birth
- pranayama and vocal toning (breathing practices for labour)
- childbirth positions to help alleviate tension, muscular pain & pre-natal conditions
- natural ways to deal with pain and fatigue
- partner support
- post-natal recovery and bonding with baby
- Plus natural childbirth manual, massage oil and labour cards to keep.
I can travel to you (within Northern Beaches). I can travel further, but travelling expenses may be charged.
Light refreshments including chai tea, fruit and juices are provided. Book early to avoid disappointment, as places are strictly limited. Cost: $180 per couple * I can also travel to you if you are local to the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
Here’s what people are saying: Thanks so much for the course on Sat. Both Pete and I got a lot out of it. The booklet and labour card are great too as I have browsed through them both to remind me of what we did. I actually loved that it was a small group as it felt very comfortable and was easier to ask questions and to chat to the other couple who had been through it before. I found the whole afternoon very calming and reassuring and it made me feel more confident about facing childbirth. I really want to try to experience childbirth in a positive way and your practical ideas and down to earth approach has helped to alleviate my anxiety. Di
We really enjoyed and got a lot out of your course. It was informative, practical and realistic about what to expect. You obviously are very knowledgeable about childbirth and raising children. I think the flexiblity you showed in discussing our birthing options was refreshing as lots of practioners we have come across have very firm views about how we should birth our babies. Megan
|Number of students|